This is the question a music lover dreads... their worst nightmare!!! How can you pick only 1 album out of the many great albums out there that have touched your soul, entertained your listening ears, and made your body move? After randomly seeing the question posted on boom 99.7's FB page, I shared it with my MusicLifers to see how hard it would be for them to choose an album. Many tried to cop out and ask if box sets counted or even mentioned a greatest hits album, lol. In the end, here are some albums that were picked:
- Butterfly by Mariah Carey
- Confessions by Usher
- Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill
- Enter the Dru by Dru Hill
- Illmatic by Nas
- American Gangster by Jay Z
- Purple Rain Soundtrack by Prince
- My Life and What's the 411 by Mary J. Blige
- The Essential Miles Davis by Miles Davis
- My Favourite Faded Fantasy by Damien Rice
- The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
Although albums were eventually picked, it wasn't without experiencing some heartache during this very difficult and painful task. At the end of the day, I think the overall successful strategy is to either pick an album that has a variety of musical tempos or one that brings back memories as you listen to it.
What album would you choose?